Winter 2011


Call Me Ishmael

Tuesday, September 8, 2009


Written December 9th, 1999 (from my 4th Grade Journal)

I had a trip to Reno Nevada at 5 PM Friday [several years prior to 1999] and I don’t no the rest of the date. I went to Reno with my mom, dad, David, me, pillow, and blanket. The car trip was boring. I keep looking for a bunch of big signs with avertizements on them because that tells me that I’m close to Reno!

When I got there I stayed at a hotel called Harahs. The next day I went to the arcade with my brother and I played games to get tickets for a prize. I played: Tic-Tac-Toe, roll the ball up into the slots, Whomp the Allygaitor, and a game where we step on the button that’s lighten.

The next day I went to the arcade with my brother again, and we play the same games until we had over 700 tickets. My brother and I got a yo-yo, ring, pencil, eraser, book, mini-spaceships, reflectors, and now we only had about 250 tickets left, and there it was...on the shelf was a stuffed-animal blue whale, and it’s only 250 tickets!!! I got it! This has been the best trip ever!

Of corse, I haven’t been play with him sense I was 4 years old, but 2 1/2 years later I was playing with my brother and he look on the shelf and grab OP [the name of the stuffed animal blue whale] and said, “You know Brian you haven’t been playing with this for a very long time,” and then I started to carry him everywhere I went. End.

---

“Faithful Forever, Dear Cherished Op”
Written February 13th, 2004

Whoo, I uploaded the Op pictures I talked about in [a previous] survey.

I never really talked about Op. When I was younger, I created a website with stories about him—fictional stories—about him transforming into a superhero, “Super Eater.” http://www.angelfire.com/yt/ophouse
I think that’s it. If it doesn’t work, yay. :D Embarrassing old stories with potty humor.

But I loved the little blue whale.

I got him as a redemption prize in an arcade. He was the coolest thing ever. I carried him around with me wherever I went up [until] 5th grade. He came to the mall with me, the movie theatres, to Las Vegas, and even to school fairs...I don’t know what made him special. All I know was I could always trust him. And my whole family knew him well. He was just a little adorable animal—his sailor hat [which had the letters O-P already printed on it, thus giving him the name “Op”].

I’ve grown, and I don’t carry him around or talk to him anymore. But he still has his sentimental value, and I’ll never give him up.

I guess that’s my more sensitive side.

---

Written December 13th, 1999

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I want a stuffed animal pink whale with a red hat with the name MOP and 3 smaller ones, but one of them is blue with a sailors hat says OP Jr. For my brother give him a Psyduck bean bag and a Pikachu pillow. Give my parents a brand new real convee [commvee, à la The Wild Thornberrys] and a new real computer. Give my friend James 2 lego sets (big lego sets) and Kirby’s Dream Land II. For my other friend Jerimiah give him a TV set and a Nintendo 64 along with 4 controlers with a game called Super Smash Bros. Don’t for get to give my stuffed animal blue whale name OP (a bigger size) a bean bag piece of fat.

[[I didn’t sign “Sinceerily Brian.” How impolite.]]

3 comments:

trung n. said...

Cute. Those are always fun to look through. Baby Dino :)

By the way, I forget if you told me why OP was inside. Is it time to retire him? Or was he just supporting MOP throughout her surgery?

trung n. said...

Also, I don't get the difference between [...] and [[...]]

They both seem to be adding commentary.

Brian said...

Op was just there to support Mop in the surgery. And I use [...] to clarify things that are vaguely or partially understood. [[...]] is for adding in info or commentary that wasn't there at all originally.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com